2011년 4월 5일 화요일

Something Beautiful

I would be more than happy to be,
A shoe for my daughter and me.
I would shield her tiny toes,
From all the tears and woes,
For more delicate than flowers is she.

I would be more than happy to be,
A shoe for my son and me.
Like pups he’ll be running,
In summer or winter snowing,
But warm and soft his feet will be.

I would be more than happy to be,
A shoe for you and me.
For time may tear us apart,
Fade memories from our hearts.
And into the trash I’ll go,
With a tattered hole in my toe,
But your footprint forever I’ll have,
Something I’ll take to my grave.
I would be more than happy to be,
A shoe for you and me.

댓글 2개:

  1. Bǝɐnʇıɟnl - ɐup unıbnǝ˙ Iʇ ɹǝɯıups ɯǝ oɟ ʇɥǝ Sıɯou ⅋ פɐɹɟnuʞlǝ Souƃ - ,,Ǝl Ɔoupoɹ Ԁɐsɐ,, ʍıʇɥ ʇɥǝ ,,I,p ɹɐʇɥǝɹ qǝ ɐ ɥɐɯɯǝɹ ʇɥɐu ɐ uɐıl,, ǝʇɔ˙ lʎɹıɔs˙ פoop ɯǝʇɐdɥoɹ oɟ dɹoʇǝɔʇıou ɐup ʇɹɐusdoɹʇ˙ I,ɯ snɹǝ Wɹ˙ ┴ʍǝǝpıǝ' qǝıuƃ ʇɥǝ ɟɐʇɥǝɹ ɥǝ ıs' ʍonlp lıʞǝ ʇo qǝ ɐ sɥoǝ ɟoɹ ɥıs ʞıps ɐs ʍǝll˙ Λǝɹʎ ɯɐʇnɹǝ doǝɯ ɔoɯıuƃ ɟɹoɯ snɔɥ ɐ ʎonuƃ ɯıup˙ ⅄on ɥɐʌǝ uo sous oɹ pɐnƃɥʇǝɹs˙ I,ɯ ɔnɹıons ʍɥɐʇ ıusdıɹǝp ʇɥıs˙ Wɐʎqǝ ʎon sɐʍ ʎonɹ ɹooɯɯɐʇǝs sɥoǝs ʇossǝp ou ʇɥǝ ɟlooɹ¿

    So ʍɥılǝ I lıʞǝ ʇɥǝ ɹɥʎɯǝ ɐup ʇɥǝ pǝsɔɹıdʇıous' ʇɥǝɹǝ ɐɹǝ soɯǝ ɹɥʎʇɥɯs I,p lıʞǝ ʇo sǝǝ ıɯdɹoʌǝp - dɐɹʇıɔnlɐɹlʎ ıu ʇɥǝ sǝɔoup ʌǝɹsǝ˙ ┴ɥǝ ɟıɹsʇ ʌǝɹsǝ ɐup sǝɔoup lɐsʇ ouǝ ɥɐʌǝ ɟɐɹ ɯoɹǝ sɐʇısɟʎıuƃ sʎllɐqıɔ dɐʇʇǝɹus˙

    ∀ll ıu ɐll - ɐu ǝxɔǝllǝuʇ doǝɯ˙

    답글삭제
  2. Beautiful - and unique. It reminds me of the Simon & Garfunkle Song - "El Condor Pasa" with the "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail" etc. lyrics. Good metaphor of protection and transport. I'm sure Mr. Tweedie, being the father he is, would like to be a shoe for his kids as well. Very mature poem coming from such a young mind. You have no sons or daughters. I'm curious what inspired this. Maybe you saw your roommates shoes tossed on the floor?

    So while I like the rhyme and the descriptions, there are some rhythms I'd like to see improved - particularly in the second verse. The first verse and second last one have far more satisfying syllabic patterns.

    All in all - an excellent poem.

    답글삭제